Admission Arrangements for the School
Pupils are admitted to school in line with the Local Authority's policy for the admission of pupils to special schools.
Parents/carers are welcome to visit the school if it has been suggested that Chapel Road School would meet the needs of their child. If a parent/carer wishes their son or daughter to attend Chapel Road School they need to contact their Educational, Health and Care Plan Co-ordinator.
Contact details can be supplied through the Educational Department at County Hall, Norwich, telephone number is 0344 800 8020.
More information can be found at the following website www.norfolk.gov.uk/SEN
Pupils are admitted to our school following a set criteria:
- The pupil must have a statement of Special Educational Needs, an educational Health Care Plan or be in the process of a formal assessment by the Local Authority (LA).
- The LA has been involved in the admissions process through their Educational, Health and Care Plan Coordiator (EHCP).
- The school has an available space and the relevant resources to admit the pupil; the school is confident that it can effectively meet the needs of the pupil.
- The school has the opportunity to meet the parent/carer and the pupil in the setting of the school.
- The placement is agreed by the LA (the LA is the admissions authority).
- The school endeavours to meet the needs of all its pupils. The admission process therefore needs to be carefully monitored to ensure that all pupils are placed in a learning environment which meets their needs. The school admits pupils on a part-time basis from the age of three.
- If a parent/carer or the school find that the pupil's placement in no longer appropriate a formal re-assessment can be requested.
Attendance Policy is located in our school policies section.