Pupil, Parents and Carers
We value every response and opinion of our pupils and ensure that each individual has opportunities to have their voice heard.
We are a school of 'Total Communication' and aim to provide all our pupils with a means of communicating that can be used in all areas of their lives.
All pupils contribute to their own annual review.
Their views are sought, recorded and shared in a variety of ways – photographic, symbols, signing and verbally.
We have an active and creative school council who are involved in many aspects of school life including planning and recruitment.
Our school has an ‘open door’ policy for all parents and carers
- Regular Parent Support groups are held where parents/carers/siblings and family members can meet and exchange ideas, share experiences and offer mutual support
- Reading cafes are held at least 3 times a year and are well supported by parents, friends and families
- Two Parent Consultation Evenings are held as well as an annual review meeting for each pupil
- All pupils have a Home/School book for sharing information and maintaining regular contact
- Our school website has a parents section that is updated regularly
- We have appointed a Family Support Worker (FSW) who has dedicated time (1 day a week) to promote collaborative working between home and school and to provide support and advice for parents and carers
Annual Reviews are a statutory requirement and a fundamental part of our pupil’s development plan.
These are held annually at which point the parent and pupil’s ‘voice’ is recorded, pupil’s progression is documented, all provisions are in place that need to be and an overview is carried out to ensure that the Educational, Health Care Plans – EHCP’s (previously known as statements) are up to date and accurate.
Please see our SEN section for more information on EHCP’s